Thursday, June 23, 2011

Romance Movie Question?

First off, I'm not really looking for any romance movie examples. I'm
looking for a theme you guys, personally, would like to see in a movie
that hasn't been touched upon very often, yet you can relate to this
theme.

Basically, I'm trying to find an underused story theme, one that you
don't find commonly. I am trying to write a script for a film club for
my school, but I want to implement solid themes and convoluted, yet
allowing the audience to establish a connection to the characters.
Well now I have my characters figured out, their basic traits and all,
but I just need to find a theme to form a plot around. I am trying to
avoid the usual themes to differentiate this film and not label it as
a "Romeo and Juliet" or "500 Days of Summer" imitation, both of which
are terrific stories that I truly enjoy. I have decided to set this
story during modern day, therefore I would prefer a theme that is
relatable to teens, such as myself, but also a theme that is not
touched upon very commonly and one that you, yourself, like to be made
into a film or novel. I had set my characters to be somewhat average
and social. There isn't anything extraordinary feature to these
characters. But I just need a theme in order to formulate a story
around to bring these characters to life and make them likable and
relatable to the audience. The guy character is ordinary, try to think
of "Tom (Joseph Gordon-Levitt)" from "500 Days of Summer" or "Tyler
(Robert Pattinson)" from "Remember Me."

Thanks for your guys' help!

No comments:

Post a Comment